Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Casting out fear with a Pollyanna attitude

Had a long talk with a friend last week. Seems like writing down a few thoughts does clarify things for me! For the first time I was able to articulate fears and hopes. And my friend gives an excellent kick-in-the-pants perspective. It was tough to hear things I *knew* and so so simple to push back with a flippant "that's easy for you to say but it's more difficult to DO."  This friend does not put up with that kind of crap, thankfully. I recommend maintaining these friendships!

I set a (tiny) goal with a (tiny) timeline and (really minor) action items. Already seeing results!  It's like a miracle - a miracle that I already new how to do but amazing how fear paralyzed it right out of me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment